You can download the latest version of the software directly from this page.
Sometimes a new version breaks something and you need to roll back. Sometimes you just liked the old version more. Whatever the reason, if you want to use an older version you can also download it from here.
26Sep17. You get more detail about what your scanner is up to as it scans through multiple pages. This can help identify issues with the configuration of your scanner.
- Uses Scan2bmps v1.13.
- Allows -q quiet option.
- Exits smoothly if scan is cancelled.
04Dec16. Fixes page order for multipage PDFs.
- Uses updated Jpg2pdf and new sort order
17Sep16. Supports scan to PDF.
- Includes Jpg2pdf program.
- Updated INI file to include PDF output options.
02Jul16. Internal changes to support extensibility.
- Uses Scan2bmps and Bmp2jpg.
- Configurable via CmdTwain.ini
29Apr16. Updates to support deployment across a network using the Microsoft Installer, MSI. This makes it easier to install for large businesses.
NOTE: An install that uses MSI is available separately. Contact me for details.
- ScanBmp copies scanner.txt to AppData dir if missing. This is needed for the MSI installer.
- Includes an MSI installer.
08Aug15. Fixes an error with multi-page scans.
- Remove SetXferMechanics Native from multi-page loop. Was causing "not in state 4" errors on page 2+.
08Aug15. Allows scanning part of a page and provides easier control over the scanner.
- Add /XYWH.
- Changed /S to accept float values if type is TWFIX32 (,7).
- Added "/S GAMMA n.n" option.
21Jun15. Some people have asked for a GUI. CmdTwain remains a command line tool that you can use in your programs or as part of an automated pipeline. However, this release includes a GUI tool that runs CmdTwain. If you’re a user that just wants a simpler user interface for your scanner, this one’s for you.
- Add CmdTwain-Gui
- /SOURCE doesn’t require a connection to the current scanner.
04Jun15. The program now goes back for more pages and allows you change brightness and contrast settings.
- Scan loops by default. Should work with doc feeders.
- /S cmd val option working. Includes BRightness and COntrast.
- Built using VS2013
06Feb14. The /WH command now works as intended. You can scan any sized page.
- Fix /WH option (was always doing squares).
10Nov13. The Windows OS was adding unrecognized parameters to the command line when it ran CmdTwain. CmdTwain now ignores those unsupported options and so runs successfully despite them.
- Ignore /sti* options added to the command line by Windows
28Jul13. Allow a user-specified page size.
- Add /WH option.
27May13. No longer runs in console mode.
- Rebuilt using window-less GUI model instead of Console mode. This fixes the black screens which were popping up.
09Feb13. The main functionality improvement is writing DPI values in the JPGs.
- Derived from Ver 0.03
- Now built using VC2010 (was Borland C++ 5)
- Uses FreeImage instead of Intel JPEG Library
- Program split into controller, ScanBMP and ImgCnvrt
- Sets correct Dots Per Inch value in JPG header
- Installs in "Program Files" was "…EziSoft"
- Options are now case-insensitive
- Added "/?" option
- Included some 1.00.0004 features: /SOURCE, error handling, shortcuts.
- Updated help
21May09. (This was not formally released and is not supported). Many of the features from this experimental version gradually made it into later releases.
- Better error handling (e.g. no scanner)
- /SOURCE option to choose the scan device
- /N to number scans; instead of overwriting the prior scan
- /MULTI to scan multiple pages (if supported by scanner)
- /EOF to set errorlevel if nothing more to scan (if supported by scanner)
- /? help option
- Macros facility
- Macro to enable and use document feeder
- Shortcuts to "select source", "scan to desktop" and "scan to documents"
- Updated help
18Jan09. Now comes with a full installer.
- Easier setup (it now uses the NSIS installer program).
- Updated Help to point to our new site and to cover the easier install.
23Jan08. Installs itself.
- A self extracting archive (EXE) with a setup script included
21Nov07. Initial release. It also came with a separate help file.
- A ZIP file.